Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Where to begin...a lot has happened since the last post. Most all good. I'll do a short review of the past few months, bringing things up to the present. I hope you find it interesting. I'm not a writer by trade but will do my best and hope to get better as I go along. I'm going to try to post at least a couple of times a week, hopefully more. Some of the areas we will be traveling to are remote so we may have to wait until we can find web access however.
The month of May was spent in the tri-city area of Tennessee, mostly in the Kingsport area. We spent a good deal of time working around my Mom's house, landscaping and getting things in good shape. Many visits were made to other friends and family. My Dad was a great help in getting some things done to the RV and truck. He provide and installed a tool box for the truck, a big help in organizing tools and misc. truck items. He also made a support for our king size bed to keep it from the possibility of sagging in the middle. At nearly 78 years old he's going strong. God's blessings are evident in his life. I love him and my Mom very much and am blessed to still have them around.
We traveled back to the Kansas City area in June to be with our boys and grandson Brody...boy, do I miss him. It was good to also attend our church and spend time with our friends there.
In July we began our trip to the west, stopping first for a 3 week stay in Saratoga, Wyoming. We love this place between two mountain ranges. Soaking each evening in the hot springs was especially nice.
In late July we headed further west, our ultimate aim being Crescent City, CA for a month. We are now just outside Burns, OR at Crane Hot Springs. I know, we have a thing for hot springs. This place is in the middle of nowhere but it is such a relaxing place to spend a couple of days after driving from Wyoming. Tomorrow we head to Diamond Lake, OR for a week. Diamond Lake RV Park is only a few miles north of Crater Lake Nat. Park, a beautiful area.

No comments:

Post a Comment